Thursday, August 30, 2007

TEMPER, TEMPER

I have two sweet little angels. My two daughters. 2 and 4 years old. And they both have a propensity for what I affectionately call the FREAK OUT! It's the age...it must be I tell myself, because up until very recently it wasn't something that happened(OK, maybe on a very rare occasion) with my youngest. But then again, she has just entered into that terrible two zone.

Both my girls have become quiet skilled at the FREAK OUT. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, watch out. There is nothing spared. It goes full tilt. Crying, screaming, arms swinging in the air, feet stomping. There is no reasoning with either of them.

It calls for serious intervention. Right now, my tools of the trade to quell the angry FREAK OUT beast? Counting to 5. Because when I get to 5, I mean business. Take a deep breathe...not me...my girls(although, secretly I need to take a few deep breathes to remain calm).

Any other creative FREAK OUT intervention tools out there? Will gladly accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment