Wednesday, September 12, 2007

BOB BOOKS

I signed up to review Bob Books: Set 1 Beginning Readers by Bobby Lynn Maslen for MotherTalk. This time it wasn't for my self. Although I'm sure there is some of you out there that might doubt me. Ha ha.
My daughter is 4 years old and just started school this year and I thought it would be a great series for her and my younger daughter who is only 2 years old.

I was very intrigued when the books arrived. Right from the start I noticed the colours. My daughter also liked the colours. She immediately wanted to open up the box and take a look. At first we decided that I would read them to her. We read ever little book. My daughter was amused by the word combinations and the pictures. She was even able to do a bit of reading on her own. She was very excited by that. And that makes the books worth any penny you spend...seeing your child with a smile on his or her face, reading on their own...so proud of themselves.

The words were simple, easy to read, and yet so effective. This was my first introduction to the Bob Books series. After seeing the joy on my daughters face when she was able to read on her own, I would definitely recommend this series and I would definitely pick up other Bob Books sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment