Monday, July 20, 2009

BIZ ON THE BRAIN!

I have long been thinking about starting a business. Something creative.

I have lots of ideas but haven't yet made the jump. It's a bit scary. I have long been an employee. I have been a journalist in broadcast media for the past 12 years or so. I am also a freelance writer. Starting my own business is something very different for me. It is nothing I have ever done but I have always been creative, whether in my writing, my holiday decorating in my home or lately, planning and hosting parties for my daughters.


I almost don't know where to start. Although, I have to say that there have been a few women business owners who have offered an endless amount of advice and support. These are women who don't know me at all. I contacted them via email and they responded. One of these women actually offered a phone number. Victoria Turner owns her own company making baby slings and other baby/mother accessories. Her company is called Pippalily.

Victoria offered her time and that was invaluable. Priceless. We spoke on the phone and she offered advice, tips, tricks and support. Support is an amazing thing, especially from a woman that I didn't even know. Victoria was willing to share her experiences and her knowledge with another woman hoping to start a business. That is what is so inspiring and unbelievable about so many woman who run their own businesses .

Victoria helped me in more ways that even I could imagine. While I am still working on the plan, and the business is still just a thought, I know that what I have learned from other woman who run successful business will play a big role in my own success.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me in some way, shape or form from complete strangers to my closest friends and family. It helps on the journey of life!

I am hoping this will be the start of something!


Tutus could be my future! A dream for every little princess! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment