Monday, May 3, 2010

A Mother's Horror

Tonight I had to report on a story that breaks my heart. Just writing about it right now I have to fight back tears. Tonight we learned a 2 year old boy was struck and killed by a car in the driveway of his own home in Markham, Ontario. York Regional Police confirm it was a family member at the wheel but neighbours say it was the mother driving. Apparently she was backing out of the driveway when the toddler was playing and darted out behind the vehicle. The mother didn't see her child and backed over him. In shock, she scooped up her baby boy and rushed into the house where the little boy died.

What total and utter horror.

Devastation.

Heartbreak.

When ever there is tragedy like this it reminds all of us what a blessing our children are and how it call all slip away from us in an instant.

So tonight kiss your babies, hug them a little tighter and be blessed that you can still see your little ones kiss you back in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Heartbreaking. I couldn't imagine what that mother is going through.

    My babies got extra kisses last night when I first heard the story.

    My prayers go to that family.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment