Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Birthday

So another year has passed. My baby is now 5 years old. The picture above was taken just after my little M came home. I love this picture because you can see instantly the love that big sister K had for her little sister.

It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years already. We have family on hand for M's birthday and she got everything the little princess she is wanted. Fancy clothes, dress up high heels and makeup. Yes I said makeup. I happen to be raising a little girl that loves all things girlie, especially makeup. To be honest I am not sure where that  came from because she certainly didn't get it from me. She is her own person that is for sure.
Part of me is happy that my husband and I are able to allow her to be herself, love the things that she loves and embrace her feminine self. The other part of me is worried. Worried because should a 5 year old really love makeup and high heels so much? I am not sure.

I want the best for my girls. I want them to be tough and soft, strong and sensitive but it is such a fine line, there is a difficult balance. Stay tuned. There are many years ahead on this parenting road. An exciting journey.

2 comments:

  1. I have boys, but through years of working in childcare I will say that yes, many little girls love heels and dressing up. Is it pretend make up or real make up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is real makeup. She isn't interested in anything other than the real deal!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment