Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Recent Absence

It seems like forever since I posted a blog update. And to be honest the past several weeks have been a bit of a blur.

The first two weeks of September were just hard. I had one daughter starting grade 2. She was off to school every day. Perfect. I also had my youngest daughter starting SK. She was off to school, well, what seemed to be never. Our school board does something called graduated entry. They think it is best for the kindie kids to enter the school slowly and so they only go to school in a staggered way.  The first day was only a visit, and then the next week my daughter went for a 20 minute visit. Several days later she went for a couple of hours until finally on September 17th she finally went off for her first full day of school. It really did seem like it took forever for that day to arrive. Not that I wanted her to be off all day it was just hard trying to manage one in school and one waiting to go to school.

Finally I have a routine. Both kids were off at school and I could finally get a home routine in place. Right. Wrong. The first full week of school for both kids and I got really sick. There is an early flu going around my work and guess who got it. Right . ME! So I was off work a couple of days trying to shake it and get better but instead what happens? I get the stomach flu. Nice. So stuffed up nose and cough wasn't enough, I had to be throwing up too! ( sorry I know probably too much information but it had to be said). So one day off work turned into four days off.

Once I got better I was hoping for a nice quiet week but that is not what I got. The following week I had to deal with something that is possibly a mother's worst nightmare, especially a mother to two little girls with a full head of thick curly hair. Yes, you are thinking it aren't you. Yes LICE. It is a taboo topic for a lot of Mom's and Dad's. Many feel embarrassed about it. Which is  the wrong approach. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. As I have just learned from my experience it is every where... and I mean EVERY WHERE. The schools are full of it and it is rampant. Dozens of kids...in our school are dealing with itor have been dealing with it ...and that means so are the Mom's. It was a difficult week but we made it.

So, that is why I haven't been posting as much lately. I am hoping to get back on track. I have a lot swirling around this brain of mine and I hope to get writing about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment