Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day - Dinner Night Off!

It was Family Day here in Ontario yesterday, February 21. My family and I planned to spend some time together but as usual during the day that plan fell apart. My husband had some work to do so he had to bail on the family time during the day but planned to join us later in the day for dinner and a movie afterward.


We got a special treat for dinner. As part of a Mom Influencer Campaign at Everythingmom.com we were offered a $50 eGift card for Swiss Chalet. I was more than excited. As most often the cook in our family any chance I get to have a night off from cooking is a great opportunity. As many of you know if you have been following my blog, I work evenings five nights a week and so I don't get to spend time eating dinner with my family. Weekends and holidays are my only opportunity to sit down with my family and break bread at dinner time so I jumped at the chance to have a night off from cooking and still get a chance to sit around the dinner table with my family. Fifty dollars is certainly more than enough money to get dinner, especially from Swiss Chalet.

As part of the Mom Influencer campaign we needed to order dinner online. I set up an account, which was easy. We looked through the menu and were able to sort out what we wanted and the website calculated what we were spending. We ordered a family pack, with dark meat, with fries and salad and then we also ordered an extra half chicken dinner with salad.  I ordered the food early in the afternoon for a scheduled pick up at a nearby restaurant at 5:30 p.m.. Pick up of our order was easy and quick. My kids and I arrived at the restaurant, I was able to show the cashier my eGift card number on my blackberry as payment and within minutes our entire meal was ready.

The only thing I was expecting was a spot online, when I was going through the online check out process, to enter my eGift card number. I followed up with a phone call to the customer service phone number that was at the bottom of my email confirmation and they were very helpful and confirmed that I could show my eGift card number via my blackberry or I could print it off to take with me.

We have a hungry family of four, but we also wanted to have some left overs for work lunches. We managed to have more than enough food to fill up our bellies and we have enough leftovers for lunch.
Dinner was delicious, even more so for me because I didn't have to cook it.  Everyone in the family enjoyed the meal. The best part of the dinner was my non-salad-eating kid actually had 4 helpings of salad...YES, I said 4 HELPINGS OF SALAD. She loved the Swiss Chalet salad dressing. Thanks Swiss Chalet.

My daughter said something that was so fitting since the meal was thanks to Swiss Chalet and Everything.com... "Thanks for everything.... Mom!"



Everythingmom.com wants you know what you think? What do you during meal time? Join the converstaion.  Everyone who participates in the chat has a chance of winning 1 of 2 $50 eGift Cards to Swiss Chalet. Find out more at EverythingMom.com!


=========================================================================
As part of a Mom Influencer program with EverythingMom, I was offered a $50 eGift Card from Swiss Chalet in order to experience their online order system and share my dining experience with you.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice treat for those rare occasions you get to sit and eat with your family. Glad you enjoyed your experience with Swiss Chalet. Thanks for participating in our program and sharing your experience.

    Cheers
    Carrie Anne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment