Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Article I Enjoyed



**A GREAT READ**

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/03/08/weird-al-yankovic/#more-26421


I think I am going to get this book for my kids. I love what Weird Al says in this article. It is so interesting to read how a teacher told him he was good in math and drafting, he was artistic and he should take those skills to become an architect. On face value that would be a great profession but not his passion. Weird Al  wanted to a writer and illustrator for MAD Magazine. How many times has a child been discouraged to follow their passions.


I hope I am strong enough as a parent to help my children follow their passions and to grow up to be anything they want.  I want them to be happy... that's all... just like Weird Al's dad wanted for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment