Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Me Time

Advertisement

Thanks to Crystal Light for sponsoring this post. To learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight.




Just saying "Me Time" can get a chuckle out of a lot of Moms. It is something that is hard to do and yet Moms everywhere long for it. Being a Mom is a 24/7 gig. We are the go to person when someone can't find their mittens, or their shoes, or their book, when someone needs breakfast, lunch or dinner and especially when someone has a nightmare or is sick in the middle of the night. There are not too many moments in the day where we Moms get to have some time just for ourselves.

The funny thing is there are days when things are so crazy the only time I get to myself is when I go to the bathroom. I go in and shut the door hoping that no one notices that I am missing. That doesn't last long. Eventually the kids notice that Mom is missing and the search begins. I can hear them screaming my name from every floor in the house. ( We have all had those days right ladies?)

When the kids are at school, sometimes I have a lazy day on the couch. I grab myself a coffee and breakfast after I have dropped the kids off at school and pop a movie in the DVD player. It is truly luxurious. I get to watch a movie, uninterrupted. It is a great way to take time just for me.

When the kids are home, sometimes I make myself what I like to call a fancy coffee. I take the extra time to make myself a cappuccino or a latte. It is something I don't do everyday because it takes a little more time but it is truly enjoyable no matter what is going on around me. In the summer I love to grab a fancy coffee and a book, or my e-reader and sit on the porch while the kids play outside.

Here is the thing, "Me Time" doesn't have to be a long time. Some days "Me Time" can be a few stolen minutes in the bathroom to put on your make-up in peace and quiet  or a long, enjoyable hour in a hot bathtub, reading a book, or watching a movie. The important thing is that you take some time for yourself....period. Some days it is the only thing that saves me from the insanity! Seriously, it is the one thing that helps me remember that I am more than someones mother, that I am a woman, an independent person who needs to remember to nourish mind, body and spirit.



Remember, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight to learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors. I was selected and paid for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

2 comments:

  1. So true. This is why I always insist on starting my day with a shower. Since my kids were born, I have never skipped my morning shower, that's my guaranteed me time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Sandy. We all need something.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment