Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Here is a conversation I had with my youngest daughter. She is five years old. She was out riding her bike on the sidewalk out front of our house.


Me: "It is time to come in. Mommy needs to have a shower and get ready to go out."

M: "Why can't a  5 year old just stay outside and ride her bike by herself?"

Me: "Well honey, there are lots of people that pass by that Mommy doesn't know. It isn't safe."

M: "I won't talk to strangers!"

Me: "I know that. That isn't the problem. It is just that there are lots of people that pass by the house. I don't know everyone who comes by and I would worry that someone might come by and take you. " ( I know there are some that might not think that is appropriate to say to a child BUT I wasn't trying to scare her but just explain why I didn't want her to stay outside by herself)

M: "You have got to be kidding me. Like that would ever happen."

2 comments:

  1. And THAT is why I'm glad we live in the middle of nowhere. If anyone strange happens upon the neighborhood, EVERYBODY notices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true... I am lucky that we know all our neighbours and have a great community on our street BUT still wouldn't leave daughter out on her own

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment