Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to the Grind




I love going up to the cottage. It is so relaxing and it is always great to spend time with the family. My kids love the freedom of being at the cottage, they swim all day and sit around the fire roasting marshmallows at night. Everyone sleeps well. Ahhh.... it is relaxing just to think about our weekend at the cottage.

BUT ........

It is shocking how quickly that feeling of relaxation washes away. I was back at work Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning I was exhausted again. I was once again feeling worn down and slightly stressed out. Why is it the affects of the weekend getaway don't last longer, can't seem to withstand the stresses of regular life?

I think maybe the trick is to work a little bit of that cottage life into my everyday life. I need to take more time to relax, really relax. I need to take time out and put my feet up and not worry, stress or think about cleaning, dinner, laundry, work ... etc. Easier said then done I think.

 What do you think? What do you do to keep that vacation feeling? How do you relax and unwind during the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment