Friday, May 25, 2012

The Importance of a Nap

I have been known to do a little too much, to put too much on my plate. I try to fit too much in to my day. Sound familiar? I work evenings in the media so it is like I have two full time jobs - the family during the day and radio news at night. Oh and I forgot to mention that I write freelance sometimes and I teach at a local college sometimes too! See where I have a problem?

Well, today was no different from any other day. I have been running around doing errands trying to get the house ready for my daughters birthday party next weekend, and that includes getting the yard ready for a bunch of kids. I had a bunch of things to get this morning, including mulch and sod but what I really wanted to do was watch movies and sleep on the couch. SOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.....I did the yard work and then I watched movies and napped on the couch with the puppy. I don't do it often enough. I often find it hard to actually put my feet up and relax. There is always something to do BUT today I decided that I just needed to let it go and take care of myself for a little while. And boy was it worth it. I had a great time snuggling with the puppy who clearly needed some me time too!

I know it is important to take care of myself but sometimes I just let life get in the way of what I know is true and necessary. It is important to slow down, take a load off and take care of you!


What do you do for yourself? What do  you do to recharge your batteries?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment