Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where Did The Sleep Go?

Ah school is now in full swing for the kids. It is great to get them back into a routine. I get some time to work, clean and just put my feet up during the day. Great right! Yup.


BUT.......

There is one problem. A big one at that. No more sleeping in. I know many of you will agree that this is sad. But for me it is necessary for survival. As I often mention I work evenings/nights. I don't actually get home from work until about 1 o'clock in the morning. By the time I get in the door, get my shoes off, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, maybe make some kid lunches and possibly sit down on the couch for a few minutes it is 2:30 a.m. Yup you read that one right. 2:30 a.m. And then I am up again by 7:15 or 7:30 most mornings. Later if we all sleep in BUT early none the less. Yikes that hurts just talking about it.

My husband does get up in the morning for school prep with the kids. It is a help but I am still tired.

In the summer I got to sleep in until at least 9:00 a.m. And can I just say that an extra two hours is just amazing. It can change the course of my day. It can save my sanity. 

NOW I AM JUST EXHAUSTED. (yes I am yelling) September is not even done yet and I am just wiped. How am I going to make it through the entire school year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment