Friday, May 17, 2013

Avocado Love







 We love avocados. I say we because everyone in our house loves the delicious fruit. I think my kids would eat them every single day. They love them best raw on a toasted bagel with a little bit of mayo.
 They eat them breakfast, lunch, dinner and for snacks.

This is how I recently enjoyed avocados (and can I say the avocados in the stores right now are so tasty)



 This sandwich was on toasted whole grain bread, sharp cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes and AVOCADOS with a garlic aioli. I paired it with homemade roasted red pepper tomato soup ( made by a neighbour).

Here are just a few of the great things about eating avocados

Protein
Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body because avocados also contain fiber

Beneficial Fats
Avocados provide the healthy kind of fat that your body needs. Like olive oil, avocados boost levels of HDL (the "good" cholesterol). HDL cholesterol can help protect against the damage caused by free radicals. It also helps regulate triglyceride levels, preventing diabetes.



We also love another sandwich featuring avocados. This one is a lemon marinaded boneless chicken grilled, sliced and topped with avocados, bacon and mayo on a nice fresh crusty bun. I will be posting the recipe and post pictures soon. So stay tuned!

I would love to hear about some of your favourite avocado recipes. Please share!!!!



I received a small payment to purchase product for this blog post. The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment