Wednesday, July 24, 2013

BlogHer Bound... and I might need an eye patch

So I am headed to my first BlogHer Conference. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


I have wanted to go to this conference for years. And every year something comes up. OK, not really just something, LIFE, ya life gets in the way and instead of going to BlogHer I end up watching the twitter feed longingly, wishing I was there In REAL Life! BUT not this year. This year is my year.

So EXCITING right? !

Of course it is.

I am hoping to learn a lot. Meet a lot of great people, fellow bloggers! Here some great speakers and listen to some great know how at some great panels and sessions.

There is always so much to do before heading off to any conference. I was able to pick up much of what I needed for the trip in the days ahead ( while I am way behind on packing, I am able to be somewhat organized). So today I decided to head off to the store to get some supplies, including a pair of those reading/magnifying glasses. Yes, I can admit that now that I am getting older my eyes are not what they used to be so I use these cheapie readers so I don't poison my kids while medicating them because the print on the medicine bottle is so miniscule!

BUT here is the problem. While trying on said glasses I did something so stupid. I hit myself in the eye with the plastic tag hanging on the glasses. AND I MEAN HIT ..... RIGHT ON THE EYEBALL! It her like mad. I could barely open my eye.  I thought I was going to have to wear this ....

Of course I would add a few gems and jewels!

I am happy to say as the hours went on my eye was feeling better. The pain was weakening and my blurry vision was starting to go away!  By the time I got up to wait for my pick up to Chicago my eye was feeling better so there was no need for the eye patch... which kind of makes me sad.


I can't wait to get to BlogHer13!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment