Friday, August 2, 2013

Best of BlogHer13 for Me!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This was my first BlogHer.



I was super excited but wasn't really sure what to expect. I have watched the BlogHer twitter feed from a far for years so I knew the conference is always  a lot of fun and there are a lot of parties. I didn't know what I would get out of the sessions and speakers.

I just want to say it was certainly worth the drive to Chicago!


First, the road trip was a blast. I got to drive with two great women, Wendy aka +Wendy S/@mapsgirl and Aeryn aka +Aeryn Lynne ! Of course we traveled in style enjoying the Ford Explorer! (more on that vehicle in a future post). The eight hour drive was painless mainly because of my road trip companions!

We arrived on Wednesday evening, a day before any BlogHer events. It gave us a chance to settle in and get out to do some shopping on Thursday and see some of downtown Chicago.  And shopping did we do! I walked The Magnificent Mile several times. Here is the main reason for my shopping trip ( although I did get a few things for myself, at a few different stores). A post with pictures coming soon with the dolls and my happy girls! 



 But I digress....


I arrived in Chicago with an open mind, eager to meet new people and learn a few new things AND BlogHer didn't disappoint.

Here are just a few of the BEST things from BlogHer13!

1. Meeting new people! I made some great new connections and friends. These are amazing women doing great things!  There are almost too many to list but here are a few great women that I got the chance to meet and chat with.

Betty Cahill - @DelishyTown
Johanna Stein - @johannastein
Cecily Kellogg - @Cecilyk
Erin Blaskie - @ErinBlaskie 
Crystal  - @crystal_lou_who
Julie Nowell - @julienowell
Fadra Nally - @allthingsfadra
Danielle Smith - @daniellesmithtv
****and oh so many more that I know I will remember and want to add in the days to come

2. Connecting with friends... people I know but rarely get a chance to spend a lot of time with in real life

Wendy Silva - +Wendy S
Ann B - @AnnBac9
Margarita Ibbott - @downshiftingPRO
Paula Schuck - @inkscrblr
Eden Spodek - @edenspodek
****and so many more

3. Learning a few new things. I had the opportunity to go to some pretty amazing sessions, like the ones on self publishing/e-publishing and the importance of comments and engaging your readers. Of course there were some amazing speakers too, speakers like The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, Guy Kawasaki and Sheryl Sandberg

4. Inspiration!
I left Chicago and BlogHer13 feeling more inspired than ever before. I have a clearer idea of what I want to do with my blogs and with blogging. I am encouraged and eager to take what I have learned from sessions, panels, speakers, new friends and old friends and turn it into something pretty amazing.

Thanks to everyone I had a chance to sit with, talk with, eat with , drink with, line up with, ride a bus with, party with... you are amazing!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment