Thursday, October 31, 2013

We Are Raising a Tech Savvy Generation

If you are the parent of a young child you know how tech savvy they are. My two girls are 8 and 10 years old and they know their way around tech gadgets better than me.

But is this a good thing? Or a bad thing?





I am of the mind that it is really important to make sure my children are raised with all the skills required to compete in a digital age BUT I also believe in everything in moderation. I think parents need to keep the amount of overall SCREEN TIME children get limit. When I am talking about SCREEN TIME I include television, iPad, iPod and smartphones... anything with a screen that a child can park themselves in front of. I want my kids to be tech savvy but learn to balance how much media to consume.

It is essential we teach children about balance. There needs to be an equal amount of screen time and outdoor play time, family time, friend time, sport and activity time. As parents, I think we are responsible for making sure we are raising smart, kind, balanced and well rounded children who can move about the world.... a world that does include technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment